Back in KL, I used to dread having to spend a couple of hours stuck in a traffic jam to go home. But ever since I started listening to lectures while driving, I began to tolerate, if not enjoy, the commute as it gave me a chance to relax and learn new things at the same time.
Here I would like to share with you some lectures I have particularly enjoyed by Shaykh Abdal Hakim Murad, Dean of the Cambridge Muslim College. The one I would definitely recommend is this lecture series on the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh):
Sira: A Journey of Transformation – Experience the life of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) through the Qur’an, poetry, and early sources. For only $39, you get access to 12 lectures in all. Well worth the money, in my opinion.
And once you’ve completed the series above, here are some YouTube lectures on the Khulafa-al-Rashidun:
- The Khilafa of Abu Bakr: A Time of Challenge
- The Khilafa of Umar: Days of Glory
- The Khilafa of Uthman: The Wisdom and the Agony
- The Khilafa of Ali: The Mortal Choice
As well as the Four Great Imams:
- Imam Malik: Sage of the City of Light
- Imam al-Shafi’i: The Worshipping Saint
- Imam Abu Hanifa: Baghdad’s Auspicious Fortune
- Imam Ahmad ibn Hanbal: Victor Over Tribulation
May Allah SWT increase our knowledge and grant us his Mercy in this world and the next.